Saturday, May 2, 2009

3D Mosque Cake

Can you do a Mosque cake? was the question by my customer. I had never done it before and I was excited to be given this opportunity, The mosque cake was to be a hantaran cake and therefore, I had to consider the size to ensure that it fits in the hantaran tray or box, For the cake, I chose to do the mosque in brown/bronze theme colour which was the theme colour for the wedding.

I baked 2 butter cakes in 2 sizes: 10" for the base and 6" half round cake for the dome. The cakes were covered with fondant and sprayed in edible bronze for the dome and pillar. The doors were cut-outs fondants. It was really challenging doing the cake since the weather was not kind to me. It was quite hot and humid and the fondants decorations kept falling off. When it was done, I kept the cake in air conditioned room and thankfully, the decorations stayed glued to the cake.

Here's the pictures of my first 3D Mosque cake for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment