Friday, January 10, 2014

Breads..breads..breads

Who doesn't lurve bread right..some people like their breads soft whilst others love the hard artisan bread type. Well for me I love all kinds of bread. It's a staple in my household especially my kids. As such I made it my mission to gain whatever knowledge I could about bread. I have a number of bread books..oh I love Reinhart...his recipe for artisan type bread works all the time and his knowledge about bread is speechless.

As a Malaysian,  I grew up with the soft kind of bread..I love splashing butter and sugar on top whilst my kids just can't get enough of Nutella. For this kind of bread I had dedicated my time (and money....) to attend bread making classes whenever I could. I have to say that the fees spent to attend these classes were worth every penny. We could get free recipes easily nowdays but the techniques taught by these chefs were invaluable. Now days I am proud to say that I could bake good quality (comparable to factory made or even better I must say..blush..blush) breads for my family. The breads that I bake could not last long in my house...its that good (blushing again here :) ).

Anyway, just to let you peeps out there know that breads are now officially part of our menu..and who knows..you will soon see our bread selling at your local grocery stores (wink..wink :) ). Oh! Before I forget,  we only use unbleached flour and no preservatives in our breads ya folks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment