Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Under the Sea / Mermaid

A friend of mine requested me to bake a cake for her daughter's birthday. She had a barbie cake in mind but I told her that a Barbie cake was quite normal nowdays. Instead I suggested that she go for something different. She was open to suggestion and I suggested why not do an under the sea theme with a mermaid topper and other sea creatures adorning the cake. She agreed and last Saturday night, I started decorating the cake for delivery on Sunday morning. At first I wanted to cut the cake into 4 and layered them on top of each other and have the mermaid swam around the cakes but then she called and said that she wanted a simple cake that was easy to cut. So I decided to just arrange the various fondant toppers on the cake and voila! this is the end result. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment