Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Kek Lapis Surabaya

I have been blog walking for the past weeks searching for the best recipe for kek lapis surabaya and I have tried few recipes but none was able to please my tasting bud. As I was getting "tired" from trying all these recipes (not forgetting the trays and trays of eggs!), I decided to play around with the recipes that I have and added/omitted some ingredients as some tasted bland to me. Am happy to say that my "test" was a success as I finally "found" the taste that I really like. Kek Lapis Surabaya looks plain compared to its sister, the layered cake but the taste is delicious. It is soft and biting into it is like biting into a cross between a sponge cake and a custard!..maybe its because of the eggs...the 30 eggs used to make this cake!!!! :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment