Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Welcome to Cakes by SweetCravings

Hi and welcome to my blog on cakes, cupcakes,cookies and all things delicious and delectable from Sweet Cravings. A bit about myself - Im Azrina from Selangor, Malaysia. I am a full time working mom and I love to cook whether its dishes for my family to desserts like cakes and cookies. Previously I've never been bothered with the design of cakes as long as they are delicious but all this changed last year when I decided to bake both my daughter and son's birthday cakes. I browsed through many cake books and the internet for kids birthday cakes and was really surprised by the many deligthful designs. I then baked a 2D Barbie cake for my daughter and a 2D Cars cake for my son using a Wilton cake pan and buttercream icing. It was a hit among both the kids and adults. I was really proud to be able to do the cakes myself for my children. From thenon, my love for cake decoration developed and I decided to learn more via cake books and the ever reliable internet. Recently, I decided to branch out of buttercream and learn how to decorate using fondants and I was really hooked on fondants. With fondants, the designs are limitless, only limited to your own creativity - it could be a sloppy design or immaculate, at the end of the day, the design is yours to claim. I still love buttercream and use them in all my cakes but I use fondants for novelty cakes or whenever requested. So, come in and enjoy this blog as this is my journey into the baking and decorating world. I have compiled some of pictures of previous cakes that I baked and will continue to update them with newly designed cakes as and when available.
Enjoy the site :)

No comments:

Post a Comment